Re: CONFIG_THERM_PM72 is missing from .config from recent kernels(2.6.10, 2.6.11)

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 19:09:07 EST

Maurice Volaski wrote:
CONFIG_THERM_PM72 is required for thermal management in at least Macs, most notably the PowerMac G5. Without it, the computer will run its fans at the max and is very loud.

It's missing from .config in at least a few releases of recent kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11).

Does anyone know why?

Did you enable/select it?
It's not on by default (in 2.6.11-rc2).

First you need to enable this one:
config I2C_KEYWEST
tristate "Powermac Keywest I2C interface"
depends on I2C && PPC_PMAC

and then this one:
config THERM_PM72
tristate "Support for thermal management on PowerMac G5"
depends on I2C && I2C_KEYWEST && PPC_PMAC64

--
~Randy