Re: Memory leak in 2.6.11-rc1?

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 12:29:09 EST

Patrick McHardy wrote:

Russell King wrote:

I don't know if the code is using fragment lists in ip_fragment(), but
on reading the code a question comes to mind: if we have a list of
fragments, does each fragment skb have a valid (and refcounted) dst
pointer before ip_fragment() does it's job? If yes, then isn't the
first ip_copy_metadata() in ip_fragment() going to overwrite this
pointer without dropping the refcount?

Nice spotting. If conntrack isn't loaded defragmentation happens after
routing, so this is likely the cause.

OTOH, if conntrack isn't loaded forwarded packet are never defragmented,
so frag_list should be empty. So probably false alarm, sorry.

Regards
Patrick