Re: 2.6.11-rc[1,2]-mmX scsi cdrom problem, 2.6.10-mm2 ok

From: Douglas Gilbert
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 06:50:10 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31 2005, Fabio Coatti wrote:

Alle 09:00, lunedì 31 gennaio 2005, Jens Axboe ha scritto:

At this point k3b is stuck in D stat, needs reboot.

The most likely suspect is the REQ_BLOCK_PC scsi changes. Can you try
2.6.11-rc2-mm1 with bk-scsi backed out? (attached)

just tried, right guess :)
backing out that patch the problem disappears.
Let me know if you need to narrow further that issue.

Doug, it looks like your REQ_BLOCK_PC changes are buggy. Let me know if
you cannot find the full post and I'll forward it to you.

Jens,
Hmm. Found the thread on lkml. I got an almost identical
lock up in k3b with a USB external cd/dvd drive recently.
My laptop didn't need rebooting (probably since the root
fs is one an ide disk).

That is a quite large patch that you referenced. I'll
try and replicate and report back.

Doug Gilbert