Re: pci: Arch hook to determine config space size

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 00:02:54 EST

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 22:52 -0600, Brian King wrote:

> Assuming I am reading the spec correctly, this is only a property of the
> PHB, so I could move it into the pci_controller struct instead.

Note that Arnd seems to imply the opposite ...

BTW. I'm thinking about moving all those PCI/VIO related fields out of
struct device_node to their own structure and keep only a pointer to
that structure in device_node. That way, we avoid the bloat for every
single non-pci node in the system, and we can have different structures
for different bus types (along with proper iommu function pointers and
that sort-of-thing).

So if you think you really need a per-device info here, feel free to
add it to device_node for now, and I'll move it to the new structure
along with the rest of the stuff once I find time to do this patch.

Ben.