cdrtools 2.01 not working in 2.6.10

From: Rodrigo Ventura
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 08:53:10 EST

I can't use cdrtools 2.01 with kernel 2.6.10 (i386, P4). Once the "0
of xxx MB written" message appears, the CD-writer spins down, the HD
led lits, and the system nearly hangs (many processes in D(isk)
state). After a minute or two, timeout messages on hda (main HD)
appear in dmesg, followed by hdc (CD-writer, plextor) timeout
messages.

Is this a known issue of 2.6.10? I'm not giving more details because I
believe I'm not the only one with this problem.

However, all works fine with 2.6.9.

If this is an unknown issue, I could give more details (logs, config,
etc.). Otherwise, will this be solved by 2.6.11?

Cheers,

Rodrigo Ventura

PS: please CC replies to me (yoda AT isr DOT ist DOT utl DOT pt).

--

*** Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura <yoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*** Web page: http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda