Re: Really annoying bug in the mouse driver

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 10:29:29 EST

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:05:40 +0100, Victor Hahn <victorhahn@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>
> >Processor load we usually handle well, loaded disks are usually the
> >ones that cause >= 0.5 sec delays between bytes received by psmouse.
> >Please let me know if it still works with busy disks.
> >

> Yes, it does work. I was copying several gigs from one partition to
> another and in the meantime copying some data to another computer via a
> 100Mbit link and I didn't encounter any problems.

Great, thank you very much for testing it! I guess I should push it
upstream... I think that there is a small problem with the patch (it
may get upset on the boxes that don't have mouse connected and KBC
reports timeouts during probing), but it is fixable and shoudl not
affect your case.

Looks line network is upset - I'd ask networking guys - netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Dmitry