Re: [RFC] Reliable video POSTing on resume

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 13:24:31 EST

On Friday, February 4, 2005 9:31 am, Jon Smirl wrote:
> For non-x86 systems put an emu version on initramfs. My statically
> linked against klibc x86 reset app is about 15K. The emu version is
> significantly bigger but there is no way to avoid it if you are using
> x86 hardware in a non-x86 box.

Jon does your emulator sit on top of the new legacy I/O and memory APIs? I
added them for this very reason, though atm only ia64 supports them. There's
documentation in Documentation/filesystems/sysfs-pci.txt if you want to take
a look. On kernels that support it, sysfs can be a one stop shop for all
your gfx programming needs, since it provides access to the rom, PCI
resources (i.e. MMIO ranges, fb memory, etc.) and legacy I/O ports and
memory.

Jesse