2.6.11-rc3: bttv oops [resend]

From: Eyal Lebedinsky
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 07:29:17 EST

In MythTV I switched between cards ('Y'). When I switched out of
a DVB card into the analog card I got no signal.

The system started responding slowly (long pauses) and after a
while it locked up.

Attached in the serial line log of the session, including SysRq
task dump.

I should say that I noticed similar system loss of response earlier
(while running -rc2) without a full lockup, and then decided to
reboot (-rc3). Suspecting the video system, I tested all three
tuners (2 DVB and one analog) and got the pauses, then finally
the lockup after about a minute (or less). The log for this
session is attached.

My feeling is that the analog tuner has a real problem (either
a bug of just not enough signal) which is tolerated for a while
but soon the kernel fails.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
attach .zip as .dat