Re: ext3 extended attributes refcounting wrong?

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 09:24:28 EST

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 13:39, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> [...] It does not explain why 2.6 allocated
> the xattr blocks in the first place; as I wrote initially, I
> have disabled the xattrs stuff:
>
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
> # CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR is not set

The filesystem in question must have been used with a kernel that was
xattr aware once. You could also have been using ext2. Maybe you ran
selinux at some point, or similar. Can you boot into a kernel with
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR enabled, and ``getfattr -m- -d -R .'' on the
filesystem in question? This gives you a full xattr dump.

Regards,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, SUSE LINUX GMBH