Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.11-rc2 hangs on bridge shutdown (br0)

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 13:37:04 EST

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 07:50:39PM +0900, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@ wrote:

> Yes, IPv6 needs "split device" semantics
> (for per-device statistics such as Ip6InDelivers etc),
> and I like later solution.

OK. Is there any reason why IPv4 should be different from IPv6 in
this respect though?

If the split device dst's are to be kept, we'll need a way to clean
them up. There are two choices:

1) Put the dst's on IPv6's own GC so that we can search by rt6i_idev.
2) Change the generic GC so that dst->ops->ifdown is always called even
if dst->dev does not match with the device going down. We also need to
change the individual ifdown functions to check for ->dev. The IPv6
ifdown function can then check for ->rt6i_idev as well.

What's your preference?

Cheers,