Re: [RFC/RFT] Better handling of bad xfers/interrupt delays in psmouse

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 03:41:38 EST

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 02:23:48AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> Ok, here is the patch using PSMOUSE_CMD_POLL. Seems to work fine with 2
> external mice that I have and my touchpad in PS/2 compatibility mode.
>
> Unfortunately POLL command kicks Synaptics out of absolute mode so I
> disabled all time-based sync checks for Synaptics altogether. This should
> be OK since Synaptics have pretty strict protocol rules and usually
> can resync on their own. I wonder what POLL does to ALPS?
>
> Again, 2.6.10 version can be found here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/dt_or/input/2_6_10/
>
> Comments/testing is appreciated.

Did you check that issuing the POLL command in the middle of a mouse
packet does indeed reset the counter of the streaming mode? I'd expect
them to be separate, at least on some mice, if POLL is handled as a
normal mouse command, and after the three bytes from POLL are sent, the
mouse could just continue sending the packet like with any other
command.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR