Re: [ANNOUNCE] "iswraid" (ICHxR ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.29

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 09:42:18 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:27:56 +0100, Arjan van de Ven
<arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 21:36 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

Martins Krikis wrote:

Version 0.1.5 of the Intel Sofware RAID driver (iswraid) is now
available for the 2.4 series kernels at
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/iswraid/2.4.29-iswraid.patch.gz?download

ACK from me

personally I consider it a new feature, and I don't consider new
features like this appropriate for a 2.4 deep maintenance stream.

I have the same opinion

It sorts sucks for users with that hardware. The typical complaint comes from trying to share data between Windows and Linux, where "just use md" isn't a solution.

Without device mapper (another new feature) to enable dmraid, these users are just sorta S.O.L.

I consider it not a new feature, but a missing feature, since otherwise user data cannot be accessed in the RAID setups.

Jeff