Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6: USB disk unusable level of data corruption

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 00:18:23 EST

On Sunday 06 February 2005 6:55 pm, Rusty Russell wrote:
> Device Descriptor:
> bLength 18
> bDescriptorType 1
> bcdUSB 2.00
> bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
> bDeviceSubClass 0
> bDeviceProtocol 0
> bMaxPacketSize0 64
> idVendor 0x0dc4 Macpower Peripherals, Ltd
> idProduct 0x00c4
> bcdDevice 0.02
> iManufacturer 1 Macpower
> iProduct 2 2.5HDD
> iSerial 3 8000D1
> bNumConfigurations 1
> Configuration Descriptor:
> bLength 9
> bDescriptorType 2
> wTotalLength 32
> bNumInterfaces 1
> bConfigurationValue 1
> iConfiguration 4 Myson 8818

Not one I'd be familiar with, but that doesn't mean anything.

And I didn't see an "unusual_devs.h" entry for it, but it does
look to need the CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_HP8200e support, which I
see is labeled "experimental". I don't know how solid the
support for that is. But I see Greg's checked in a big patch
against the file with that driver, which should make the next
MM patchset against 2.6.11-rc3 ... mostly to support some
new hardware, but with that many changes I suspect there'll
be some bugfixes too.

This would be www.macpower.com.tw/produts/hdd2/daisycutter/dc_usb2
maybe? The www.qbik.ch/usb/devices database has a report from one
user saying they had problems with a different MacPower adapter until
they fixed its jumpers. Also worth a check.

- Dave