Re: BIOS Bug

From: Enrico Bartky
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 07:39:01 EST

Aleksey Gorelov schrieb:

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-kernel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-kernel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Enrico Bartky
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 7:12 AM
To: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BIOS Bug

Hello,

on my notebook, when I plugged in my USB keyboard the kernel doesnt boot correctly, ...

... BIOS hangoff failed ( 112, 1010001 )
continuing after BIOS bug
irq 192, pci mem 0xfebff000
new usb device registered, assigned bus number 1

then the notebook hangs. If I boot without the plugged keyboard and plug in when the kernel is ready, there are no problems. I have a SiS USB chipset.

Can you help me?

What kernel version are you using ?
Try 2.6.10 with the following command line parameter:
usb-handoff

Aleks.

Thanx, it works! Can you say me, it is really a BIOS Bug, a buggy ACPI or a driver problem?