Re: Disk corruption problem with nVidia motherboard and Silicon Image 680 ATA controller

From: Jeff Cooper
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 10:39:16 EST

Prakash Punnoor wrote:
Jeff Cooper schrieb:

I'm running a Gentoo system with a 2.6.10-r6 kernel. This is the
gentoo-dev-sources ebuild. My motherboard is a Asus A7N8X with an
nForce2 nVidia chipset. The system has five 40 gig hard drives, all set

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!

Search in bios for ext-p2p discard time and set it to a higher value, at least
1ms. I alrealdy reported this to lkml but there apperantly is no interest in
implementing a kernel quirk.

Well I checkd my BIOS and it doesn't have the ability to adjust that option. There are no new updates for the BIOS of my motherboard or the SIIG ATA controllers.

Is this a SATA option? I only have PATA drives in my system.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

thanks,
Jeff