Re: 2.6.11-rc3-bk5: XFS: fcron: could not write() buf to disk: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 20:34:46 EST

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:51:36PM +0300, Alexander Y. Fomichev wrote:
> G' day
>
> It looks like XFS broken somewhere in 2.6.11-rc1,
> sadly i can't sand "right" bugreport, some facts only.
> Upgrade to 2.6.11-rc2 makes fcron non-working for me in case of
> crontabs directory is placed on XFS partition.
> When i try to install new crontab fcrontab die with error:
> "could not write() buf to disk: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Is that an O_SYNC write, do you know? Or a write to an inode
with the sync flag set?

> The same time it works with 2.6.10.

I'm chasing down a problem similar to this atm, so far looks like
something in the generic VM code below sync_page_range is giving
back EAGAIN, and that is getting passed back out to userspace by
XFS. Not sure where/why/how its been caused yet though ... I'll
let you know once I have a fix or have found the culprit change.

cheers.

--
Nathan