Re: Preempt Real-time for ARM

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 12:44:04 EST

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 04:50, Russell King wrote:

> What you'll find is that the ARM interrupt structure is designed to
> efficiently meet the requirements of our wide range of hardware interrupt
> controllers, with chained interrupt controllers, with as low latency as
> possible.
>
> In essence, I'm opposed to completely rewriting the ARM interrupt
> handling at this stage.

Everyone wants this as the final solution, but all I want right now is
to have a clean patch for ARM RT .. It would be nice if ARM had the
generics, but It's not _my_ goal.

All I want to do is integrate the common IRQ threading code. To do that
I need things , from Russell, like per descriptor locks .. And I need
things , from Ingo, like pulling out the IRQ threading code..

Daniel