Re: Spontaneous reboot with 2.6.10 and NFSD

From: Kim Holviala
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 05:08:57 EST

Neil Brown wrote:
On Thursday February 10, kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Anyway, I mount the export to a Linux client (tried with a few with different 2.6 kernels and distros) and then start copying files from clients CDROM to the server through NFS. After copying a few small files, the first big one reboots the server.

Can you be specific about the size of the "big" file?

Well, there were two bigger files, the first 18 megs and the second 35 megs and the copying never got past those two. But in the end it wasn't the size - I was able to make it reboot with a small C source file...

Also, what filesystem is being used on the server, what mount flags
(if any) and what export options.

All the files are here:
http://www.holviala.com/~kimmy/crash/mount

Mount options:
/dev/md8 on /boot type ext3 (rw,nosuid,noatime)

I forgot to transfer the exports file, and now the server is dead... Will do that later.

Having some sort of console, whether VGA, serial, or network, to view
the Oops would be invaluable.

I'll carry the server next to a monitor once I get back home.

Kim