platform_get_resource()

From: Thomas Koeller
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 10:04:28 EST

Hi Patrick,

I am writing a driver for a platform device, and I want
the platform to communicate to the driver the resources
allocted for the device. My platform has resources that
are not of the standard kind IORESOURCE_[IO|MEM|IRQ|DMA],
and while I can pass them into a call to
platform_device_register(), I cannot retrieve them in
the driver, because platform_get_resource_byname()
explicitly looks only for the standard resource types.

Is this intentional? To me it seems to make a lot more
sense to return any resource with a matching name regardless
of its type.

thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Koeller, Software Development