Re: DVB at76c651.c driver seems to be dead code

From: Mws
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 20:12:38 EST

On Friday 11 February 2005 00:56, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I didn't find any way how the drivers/media/dvb/frontends/at76c651.c
> driver would do anything inside kernel 2.6.11-rc3-mm2. All it does is to
> EXPORT_SYMBOL a function at76c651_attach that isn't used anywhere.
>
> Is a patch to remove this driver OK or did I miss anything?
>
> cu
> Adrian

FYI

The atmel at76c651 frontend driver is used for the
Sagem DBox2 Digital Cable Receiver.

As all other parts of the dbox2 drivers are atm not hosted at kernel cvs but at
cvs.tuxbox.org you won't find any components in mainline kernel tree using this.

thus we are a hobby project - but even well known - there are not so many developer
available to make every kernel driver and other parts of it "kernel-style-alike".
maybe there is more progress and kernel driver patching into mainline in the future.
we are having 2.6.9 running on dbox2 - higher versions are atm broken for support of
the mpc 823 architecture :/

removing this driver is not wanted.

regards
Marcel Siegert