Re: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 14:52:02 EST

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:56:02AM -0800, none given wrote:
> On Fri, February 11, 2005 11:18 am, Larry McVoy said:
> >The mails have started flowing in saying "I don't agree with Alexandre
> >and please don't pull the plug" so a point of clarification. We have
> >no intention of shutting down the BK free product. We are aware that
> >there are 10's of thousands of developers in the open source world
> >who do not agree with Alexandre's narrow view of things. You're fine,
> >we're not taking BK away. I only trying to get Alexandre to see that
> >his definition of "help" is somewhat narrow-minded.
> >

> Then why don't you stop threatening to take it away every time someone
> points out to you that your "help" for free software isn't ideal? Just
> can't help yourself? Your cheap shot at Alexandre doesn't change the fact
> that you've shown yet again why people who believe in free software should
> work to replace BK.

Maybe because I'm a little sick and tired of all the "BK is evil" crap
without any accompanying "thank your all the good it's done"?

If every time someone sent you a bug report on your open source software
it started with "this software sucks, and you're a pinko anti-capitalist
commy" how long would it be before you stopped giving it away? Don't
bother to answer that, I know you are perfect and that you'd keep doing
it any way because yours is The One True Way (tm).
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com