Re: i8042 access timings

From: Bill Rugolsky Jr.
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 11:18:19 EST

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 09:22:46AM +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> And I suppose it was running just fine without the patch as well?

Correct.

> The question was whether the patch helps, or whether it is not needed.

If you look again at the patch I posted, it only borrowed a few lines
of the patch from Dmitry that started this thread; I eliminated Alan's
recent udelay(50) addition, reduced the loop delay, and added debug
printks to the *_wait routines to determine whether the loop is ever taken.

At least so far, those debugging statements have produced no output.
I'll use the machine a bit and report back if I trigger anything.

Regards,

Bill Rugolsky