Re: Dummy vt for XFree86 ?

From: xerces8
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:13:16 EST

From: Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> The keyboard is very much the issue - your typing either goes into

No, it isn't. I have the keyboard under control. Forget that keyboards
even exist ;-) Trust me.

I know the ruby patch, but I'm trying to make this work with an unpatched
kernel. And the VT switching is the only remaining problem.

At the end I will run 2 X servers ( yes, I am doing a multi-head (or is
it multi-seat ?) system).
Currently when I start the second one, it will perform a VT switch and thereby
"turn off" the first one (it is still running, just not visible).

What if I recompile the kernel with no VT support ?
(that is my next try anyway)