Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Olivier Galibert
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 11:35:46 EST

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:03:43PM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
> And how does the CVS gateway not provide this today?

The CVS gateway does not reach the rest of bkbits.net. For instance
the ipw2200 tree since they miss some of the files in their tarball
distribution.

> And long ago I offered what I
> called the tarball + patch server with an open source client for all
> trees on bkbits.net

Funnily enough the NWL probably isn't open-source because of the first
clause. But frankly, it's irrelevant.

> People didn't seem interested and I came with the conclusion, rightly or
> wrongly, that the vast majority of the people who did real work didn't
> care about the license and the noisy people just wanted to pick a fight.

I read your mail as "you'll get that if and only the usual band stops
whining", which obviously won't happen. Maybe I was wrong, I only
know that at that point I can't get useful files from free projects
hosted on bkbits if they're not the kernel itself. Your extension
would indeed help.

OG.