Re: [patch 11/13] Client side of nfsacl

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 12:54:14 EST

lau den 22.01.2005 Klokka 21:34 (+0100) skreiv Andreas Gruenbacher:
> vanlig tekstdokument vedlegg (patches.suse)
> This adds acl support fo nfs clients via the NFSACL protocol extension,
> by implementing the getxattr, listxattr, setxattr, and removexattr iops
> for the system.posix_acl_access and system.posix_acl_default attributes.
> This patch implements a dumb version that uses no caching (and thus adds
> some overhead). (Another patch in this patchset adds caching as well.)

Why are you adding a POSIX-ACL specific function to the nfs_xdr
functions? It is never going to be used for either NFSv2 or NFSv4.

I suggest you rather do the same thing we're doing for the NFSv4 acls,
and provide an nfsv3-specific struct inode_operations that points to
nfsv3-specific {get,set,list}xattr functions.

Cheers,
Trond

--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>