i810 BUG summary. Was Re: [SoftwareSuspend-devel] [Announce] 2.1.7 for 2.6.11-rc4

From: mhf
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 23:26:03 EST

Hi Nigel!

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 05:22, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi Michael.
>
> On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 22:32, mhf@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > - Removing intel-agp as well fixes the problem and X
> > can be started alright after resume.
>
> Did you see Karol's patch? It looks like it should
> improve your situation.

It did :-)

> Did you get any joy out of the posting to LKML?

Yes, Andrew suggested privately thqt screen should come back
as prior to S3 and Pavel sees the setfont issue as a bug.

2.6.11-rc4 i810 bugs:

1) Screen comes back in 25 line mode but scroll remains at
last set linecount. (also on all other displays tested like
savage or sis or via.

2) setfont dies on resume from S3.

3) A scroll problem in console mode with gentoo portage and
likely othe apps which scroll lines of random length

4) With X wo DRM random colored bands flash over the screen
when running some programs and shellscripts as if it would
send the data bus instead of video data to the DAC. A
swsusp2 cycles fixes it until the next S3 cycle.

5) Then DRM (20050211 snapshot) dies on resume.

Guess it's time to find an i810 datasheet and go digging.

Otherwise, No issues seen wrt swsusp 2.1.7 on 2.6.11-rc4.

Good news is that S3 seems to be quite stable also when
interleaved with swsusp2. There were no failures.

Lastly, I'd like to see the ACPI alarm function work to do
stress testing in a loop:

1) set alarm to current time + xx sec
2) enter S3 or S4/swsusp2
3) on resume triggered by alarm continue from step 1.

Regards
Michael