Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Sean
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 01:54:24 EST

On Thu, February 17, 2005 1:22 am, d.c said:

> Do like them, ignore BK and continue using patch & diff. BK is just a
> option, It doesn't stops you from developing in the linux kernel, I
> can't understand why people cares so much about BK.

The affects of many top level folks using a non free system is felt all
the way down the food-chain. If the top tier would agree to use a free
SCM system then we could build bridges and offer the data in the preferred
format to _everyone_ (arch, subversion, patch, BK, etc). But because BK
is used at the top, many useful options are cut off. It's a rather large
"hidden" cost of BK adoption as the primary tool at the top.

Cheers,
Sean