Re: Swsusp, resume and kernel versions

From: John M Flinchbaugh
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 11:32:03 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:07:31PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> When all the vendor's kernels have swsusp, it will magically kill the
> signature. Or stick mkswap /dev/XXX in your init scripts.

This is what I've done in some instances. There should be no harm in
sticking that mkswap into your init scripts right before the swapon -a,
and then you have a nice userspace solution.

It's safe to reinitialize swap on any clean boot. A resume will not get
into the init scripts.

Just remember you're doing the mkswap if you decide to rearrange your
partitions at all, or code a script smart enough to grep your swap
partitions out of your fstab.

--
John M Flinchbaugh
john@xxxxxxxxxx