Re: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Luca Capello
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 18:26:41 EST

Hello Pavel!

On Mon 14 Feb 2005 22:11, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Stefan provided me initial list of machines where S3 works (including
> video). If you have machine that is not on the list, please send me a
> diff. If you have eMachines... I'd like you to try playing with

Sorry, but a diff of what? Of the list?

> Table of known working systems:
>
> Model hack (or "how to do it")
IBM ThinkPad T42p (2373-GTG [1]) acpi_sleep=s3_bios (2)

More info available upon request, but in general:

- Debian unstable
- vanilla kernel 2.6.10
- ACPI patch 20050125
- BlueZ patch -mh4
- IBM trackpoint patch [2]
- radeonfb
- radeon XFree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-11
- all modules my laptop support installed (and loaded ;-) )
- I used a script that switch to vc1 and stop mysql (this is a known
problem [3] [4]), then "echo -n [mem|disk] > /sys/power/state"

I've a working S4 with the same configuration, too. But it seems I
still suffer a problem about hwclock I already reported with another
laptop [5] [6]. In this case, the command proposed seems not working
anymore (I should test more deeply, just a question of time ;-) ).

Anyway, this laptop works very well!

I've also a docking station [7], I'll test with it ASAP.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://www5.pc.ibm.com/ch/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_UC2GTSE?OpenDocument
[2] http://people.clarkson.edu/~evanchsa/