Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 03:59:01 EST

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:03:45AM -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> were employed by bitmover, or signed an NDA to look at the code. But
> just the act of using it is ridicules. Can you see Ford Motors telling
> someone that you can't go work for GM if you drive a Ford?

Your point makes sense to me too, but really, this 1 year delay is
nothing compared to the previous status, so this is a great improvement.

The previous licence was not enforceable in Germany and I guess in Italy
too, but really seeing so many other people using a product with such a
licence and without any care (even if void) was unbearable to me.

Now the new licence may still not be enforceable, but I don't care
anymore, because even if it's enforceable by bad luck, it would be
bearable to wait 1 year. Switching SCM is a costly operation regardless.
This time limit has been declared for the first time ever, and this is a
great news, so now the FUD is over.