Re: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 08:39:59 EST

On Fre, 18 Feb 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I tried:
> 2.6.11-rc3-mm2 + Xorg + DRI disabled
> and this works.
>
> I cannot enable dri/drm with the cvs version of the drm modules, because
> the drm modules do not compile for -mm kernels, since there is the patch
> for multiple agp bridges included (that's the reason why I tried -rc4

Final observation: After patching in the changes from mm kernels for
multiple agp bridges to the drm-source code (the patch
drm-add-support-for-new-multiple-agp-bridge-agpgart-api.patch from the
broken out archive) I could compile the drm-trunk-src modules.

So now I am running with 2.6.11-rc3-mm2 + Xorg + DRI enabled (and
working) with the drm modules from drm-trunk-module-src.

Outcome: freeze when switching to X. As with the other modules (in fact
I think that most of the changes to the drm stuff are included in the mm
kernel, so this should not change anything, as mm pulls from bk-agpgart,
bk-drm-via) a funny screen, and the CapsLock light is blinking.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
sip:preining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +43 (0) 59966-690018