Re: [TTY] 2 points seems strange to me.

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 10:25:28 EST

Paul Fulghum wrote:
Paulo Marques wrote:

Paul Fulghum wrote:

No, it limits the size to 80 bytes,
which is the size of buf.

sizeof returns the size of the char array buf[80]
(standard C)

Looking at the code, I think Franck is right. buf is a "const unsigned char *" for which sizeof(buf) is the size of a pointer.

What kernel version are you looking at?
I'm looking at 2.4.20 n_tty.c opost_block() and
buf is a char array.

Oops, this should have been clarified sooner...

I was looking at a 2.6.11-rc2 tree I have hanging around here. So maybe the "buf" type was changed and the condition remained, and that produced the bug.

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)