RE: Problems with dma_mmap_writecombine on mach-pxa

From: Frank Buss
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 13:09:26 EST

Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since we map the whole lot in one go, if you get one page, there's no
> reason why you shouldn't get the lot. This is why I'm wondering if
> it has something to do with your other modifications.

your patch works, thanks, but only for the problem with the ignored offset,
as expected. Now I can use the original pxafb driver, but with the same
problem: All writes from user space in the mmap'ed region after the first
4096 bytes are ignored.

Perhaps it is not a kernel bug, but a configuration problem with the
platform, because it is a in-house developed platform. Now a colleague is
working on this problem and reading a book about the Linux 2.6 kernel
details over weekend and learning how to use the kernel debugger (until now
we have used printk and flashing new zImages every time, which is very time
consuming). I'll post the solution next week, if we'll found one.

--
Frank Buß, fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx