Re: 2.6: drivers/input/power.c is never built

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 13:21:01 EST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:00:36 +0100, Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > But aren't there power events (battery low, etc) which are not
> > > input events?
> >
> > Yes, there are. They can probably stay... Or we can get "battery low"
> > key.
>
> We even have an event class for that, EV_PWR in the input subsystem.

I really really think this is wrong. Power management should be
possible without input layer. EV_PWR is fine for telling input devices
to do something, like enter lower power mode and for sending _some_
requests to the PM system. But input layer shoudl not be used as a
generic transport. I mean battery low, docking requests, etc has
nothing to do with input.
--
Dmitry