Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: d.c
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 16:04:20 EST

El Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:34:23 -0500 (EST),
"Sean" <seanlkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> BK already feeds patches out at the head, surely if it's as powerful as
> you think, it could feed a free SCM too for your non-bk friends in the
> community.

Who cares, really?

1) Linux was never supposed to have a "head", but -pre/-rc diff patches

2) And more important, *nobody* works against "linus' bk head". Everyone who
is implementing something so intrusive that needs to keep track of the
"development head" developes again the _true_ "head" of the linux
kernel - akpm's tree.

In fact is surprising that so many people are bitching about BK and nobody
has complained that the -mm tree is not available through a SCM system (be it free
or not), which should be a issue _much_ bigger than any problem you've with
BK. I just don't get it, in my opinion people who whines about BK is people
who just don't like BK and can't accept the fact that BK is really helping
to linux development. When RMS started GNU he had to use non-free tools
and systems to work on it because everythin else sucked or it would have been
more difficult, I don't think BK is much different in this regard.