Re: Hotplug blacklist and video devices

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 16:15:46 EST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:08:22 -0500, Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Under Fedora (and RHEL), they're there because we generally
> don't want to load them unless the user asked for them.

Is there a specific reason why they are blocked?

For example I'm looking at making changes to DRM such that DRM will
require the corresponding framebuffer driver to be loaded. If you back
up further this is part of fixing X so that it won't mess with the
hardware from user space. Mode setting would come from the framebuffer
driver instead of the X 2D XAA driver.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx