Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 17:37:19 EST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:18:19 +0100, Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:34:47PM +0000, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, David S. Miller wrote:

> > > I do, %100 exclusively, for all the networking and sparc
> > > development.
> > >
> > > I never work against the -mm tree.
> >
> > Dito. All my kernel development happens against Linus' bk head and I
> > almost never work against -mm tree.
>
> Same here, I work on Linus's bk head and all the changes go to -mm for
> testing first, then to Linus for inclusion.

I guess there is a perception that developers/maintainers are working
against -mm because all maintainers trees are automatically pulled by
Andrew. And when someone doing stuff on somewhat regular basis he/she
tends to do it against maintainer's tree thus making patches suitable
for -mm as well.

--
Dmitry