Re: [RFC] rwsem removal from kobj_map

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 18:36:10 EST

[Since this is something I once looked at too...]

> struct kobj_map *kobj_map_init(kobj_probe_t *base_probe,
> - struct subsystem *s)
> + struct subsystem *s, struct semaphore *sem)

The only reason kobj_map_init() needed the subsystem argument was for
the semaphore. Since you're passing that separately now, I would think
that the subsystem argument could simply go away altogether.

Once that's done, you should be able to delete cdev_subsys as well; when
I cleaned that stuff up, I only left it there for kobj_map().

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net
corbet@xxxxxxx