workqueue - process context

From: Vicente Feito
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 23:48:52 EST

I've been playing with workqueues, and I've found that once I unload the
module, if I don't call destroy_workqueue(); then the workqueue I've created
stays in the process list, [my_wq], I don't know if that's meant to be, or is
it a bug, cause I believe there can be two options in here:

1) It's meant to be so you can unload your module and let the works run some
time after you're already gone, that allows you to probe other modules or do
whatever necesary without the need to wait for the workqueue to be emtpy.

2) It's a bug, cause the module allows to be unloaded, destroying the structs
but not removing the workqueue from the process context.

Which one is it?I hope I'm being clear with my question.
I was about to try to find a solution to remove the queue but maybe it's meant
to be, although not likely.

Vicente.