Re: Odd data corruption problem with LVM/ReiserFS

From: Andreas Steinmetz
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 13:03:05 EST

Alex Adriaanse wrote:
The weird thing is I did not see any I/O errors in my logs, and
running find on /var worked without a problem. By the way, did you
take any DM snapshots when you experienced that corruption?

No, no snapshots. Just working find on a large dataset (source tree, about 16GB). The fun part is that I got the I/O errors for varying diretories and 'ls'-sing thes directories after find failed, too. However a follow-up tar to the ieee1394 disk to salvage the data actually could access all data correctly. One day before I did experience the same symptom but did reboot. This caused actual damage all over the place and I had to restore from the last checkpoint I made.

--
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use robotrap@xxxxxxxx