Re: USB Storage problem (usb hangs)

From: John Stoffel
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 21:39:57 EST

>>>>> "John" == John Stoffel <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

me> Kernel: 2.6.9, 2.6.10 (i cant remember from which one is attached log).
me> Distribution: Gentoo.

John> Try upgrading to 2.6.11-rc2-mm2 or newer, I've found that usb-storage
John> works a bit better here, though I haven't confirmed this without debug
John> enabled in the usb-storage driver yet.

John> Maybe later tonight if I get a chance to reboot.

Just another note, 2.6.11-rc2-mm2 without USB-STORAGE debugging turned
on passes an 'iozone -a' test on my 40gb WD firewire/USB enclosure
under USB 2.0 interface.

Now to swap in the problematic 120gb WD drive and see if that works
under USB as well as firewire too.

John