Re: [RFC 2.6.11-rc2-mm2 0/7] mm: manual page migration -- overview II

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 13:06:51 EST

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 11:12:14AM -0600, Ray Bryant wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
>

> >I wouldn't bother fixing up VMA policies.
> >

> How would these policies get changed so that they represent the
> reality of the new node location(s) then? Doesn't this have to
> happen as part of migrate_pages()?

You might want to change it, but it's a pure policy issue. And
such kind of policy should be in user space. However I can see
it being ugly to grab the list of policies from user space
(it would need a /proc file).

Perhaps you're right and it's better to do in the kernel.
It just won't be very pretty code to convert all the masks.

-Andi