Re: JFFS2 Extended attributes support & SELinux in handhelds

From: Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 18:19:21 EST

El mar, 22-02-2005 a las 12:21 -0600, Josh Boyer escribió:
> You should send this to the JFFS2 development list. The xattr support
> is probably a JFFS3 candidate.
>
> The mtd tree is the most current. Any development would probably get
> the most benefit from being done there. Especially since JFFS3 doesn't
> exist anywhere else :).

As we have talked in #mtd, I've moved everything to JFFS3 code and
re-worked the pretty basic stuff that was already done, as a really
dirty night-hack.

I hadn't time to fix the remaining errors (no, it's not a working
patch), nor the remaining "stolen" ReiserFS code that needs to be
modified in order to make JFFS3 happy with it (priv. directory handling
in xattr initialization, etc).
I'm going to have limited time for it, I have exams these two weeks and
also finish some other work in progress.

I've uploaded a patch that applies to 2.6.11-rc4 tree, with latest mtd
tree included.

http://pearls.tuxedo-es.org/patches/mtd-jffs3-xattr-20050222-2.6.11-rc4.patch
(998Kb)

I would appreciate any collaboration and help with it.

Cheers, thanks in advance and enjoy (not working) it.
:)
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo@xxxxxxx>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]