kernel BUG at mm/rmap.c:483!

From: Ammar T. Al-Sayegh
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 15:43:00 EST

Hi All,

I recently installed Fedora RC3 on a new server.
The kernel is 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp. The server
crashes every few days. When I examine /var/log/messages,
I find the following line just before the crash:

Feb 22 23:50:35 hostname kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
Feb 22 23:50:35 hostname kernel: kernel BUG at mm/rmap.c:483!

No further debug lines are given to diagnose the
source of the problem.

I have been using kernel 2.4 for few years now without
any problem. This is the first time I see this problem
with kernel 2.6. I'm not sure if this is related to
the kernel itself, the new hardware, or some other
installed software. I'm thinking about downgrading to
kernel 2.4. Do you think this will resolve this issue?
Any suggestion on what else I can do to mitigate this
problem?

Thanks.

-ammar