Well, powersaving weirdness.

From: zhilla
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 18:04:28 EST

Not the most clever subject, I agree :)

hell, i'm not sure if this is a KERNEL bug. but it definitely is an annoyance, so...
distro is slackware 10.
i have a small script i run every time i connect to the internet (and i connect via dial-up when )
this is one command in the script:
/usr/sbin/ntpdate zg1.ntp.carnet.hr
well, as my bios battery is a bit weak, hardware clock resets to its defaults when computer is powerless for few minutes.
ok, i fire it up, time is set to something like ie 0:01:15 1/1/2003, connect to the net, it sets the time ie. 23:46:23 23/02/2005... and its monitor off! puff, powersaving (is that in acpi? apm?) suddenly decides that computer is left untouched for more 2-3 years now and initiates powersaving mode. ok, not a big problem, but somehow i think it IS a easily fixable small kernel bug... if i'm wrong, please direct me to the right place to report this? thanks.