Re: Help enabling PCI interrupts on Dell/SMP and Sun/SMP systems.

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 18:41:51 EST

Alan Kilian wrote:
kernel: SSE: Found a DeCypher card.
kernel: ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:13:03.0[A] -> GSI 36 (level, low) ->
IRQ 217

The first message is in my driver after pci_find_device()
The second is from when I do pci_enable_device(dev);

Can you decode the mysterious ACPI message?

Looks like you're requesting the wrong interrupt, 217 is the one your device is actually on. You always have to request the interrupt listed in the PCI device structure. If you're looking at your PCI device's configuration registers to get the IRQ to request, that's wrong, since that is configured by the BIOS assuming PIC IRQ routing, but APIC IRQ routing is entirely different.