Re: [rfc/rft] Fujitsu B-Series Lifebook PS/2 TouchScreen driver

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 04:04:25 EST

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:06:55AM +0100, Kenan Esau wrote:

> > > I also checked my original standalone-driver: Because of this behaviour
> > > I always retried the last command 3 times if the responce from the
> > > device was 0xfe or 0xfc.
> >
> > And did it actually help? Did the touchscreen ever respond with a 0xfa
> > "ACK, OK" response to these commands?
>
> I played around a little bit last weekend. And obviously the touchscreen
> always responds 0xfe to the 0xe8 0x07 command. Also repeating the
> command does not really help. After the firxt 0x07 you get back the 0xfe
> and the next byte you send to the device is ALWAYS answered by a
> 0xfc!?!?

This looks like it either expects some other data (like a second
parameter to the command?) or just wants the 0x07 again (and not the
whole command) to make sure you really mean it.

Could you try sending 0xe8 0x07 0x07?

> At the end of this mail you'll find some traces I did.
>
> I also wonder if it is possible at all to probe this device. I think
> not. IMHO we should go for a module-parameter which enforces the
> lifebook-protokoll. Something like "force_lb=1". Any Ideas /
> suggestions?

I'd suggest using psmouse.proto=lifebook

> How does this work out with a second/external mouse?

The external mouse has to be in bare PS/2 mode anyway, so we don't need
to care.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR