Re: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 08:39:21 EST

On Die, 22 Feb 2005, Karol Kozimor wrote:
> Thus wrote Norbert Preining:
> > - DRI must be disabled I guess?! Even with newer X server (x.org)?
>
> You still didn't state which X server are you using. In short, XFree86 4.4,

I have stated it several times, but here a sum up:

- XFree86 4.3 (debian/sid)
no work
- X.Org 6.8.1.99 (debian -dri-trunk stuff plus kernel modules9
no work
with 2.6.11-rc4 and 2.6.11-rc3-mm2
this server crashes when switching to the console or shutting
down (crashing is sometimes, not always), very nice screen which
slowly turns white

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
sip:preining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +43 (0) 59966-690018