Marvell 88W8310 and 88E8050 PCI Express support

From: Alex Deucher
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 16:48:48 EST

I've noticed most of the new AMD64 chipsets now include integrated
marvell GigE and wifi chips onboard. I haven't been able to find much
on the status of linux support for these chips. Apparently the PCIE
GigE chip only works with sk98lin and not skge:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.1/0010.html
Does anyone know if support for the chip is being added to skge? The
88W8310 doesn't seem to be supported at all, at least not that I can
see. Does anyone know the status of the 88W8310? Are there any
experimental drivers? Is Marvell friendly to opensource? Are the
databooks available?

Thanks,

Alex

PS, please CC: me as I'm not subscribed.