Re: 2.6.11rc4: irq 5, nobody cared

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 16:52:04 EST

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> > >(...)
> > >Well, I'm getting similar stack traces with my system and those are sure
> > >scary, but it seems that my e-mails to the list are simply ignored,
> > >unfortunately.
> > I posted a similar thing, but the problem is not that you get the
> > message. It means your hardware generated an unexpected interrupt. The
> > kernel is reporting that fact as it should.
> > The problem I had (not resolved) is that after the message
> > DISABLING IRQ NN
> > I continued to get interrupts! So the logic to disable the IRQ is not
> > working correctly.
>
> In my case, the interrupt should NOT be disabled as my WIFI-interface is
> behind it (via ndiswrappers).

Well, that's debatable. The warnings mean that either the WiFi driver
isn't catching them as it should, or that something else is generating the
same (shared) IRQ.

But what bothers me is that the kernel is trying to disable the IRQ and
not doing it. I think that's an issue, since on my hardware that meant the
system did nothing but write wrror messages to the log.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc